[Lexus LS400/SC 300/400] Dzwignia zmiany biegow

Czyli wszystkie porady oraz pomysły na własnoręczne przeróbki.
ODPOWIEDZ
maxkow
Lex Maniak
Model Lexusa: is200
Kontakt:

[Lexus LS400/SC 300/400] Dzwignia zmiany biegow

Post autor: maxkow »

Osoby mające problem z tematem w języku ang. mogą skorzystać z google translate

Temat pokazuje jak mozna sciagac dzwignie AT skrzyni biegow zeby np dac ja na nowo do tapicera do obszycia , tak samo dzwignie sciaga sie w SC300/400

Obrazek

popped out the two screw covers on the gearshift easy enough. They have slots and tabs in the covers and they only go back one way. It was very tight to get them back in the holes afterwards with the new leather cover.

Obrazek

The top wood surround is held by two clips near the cup holder. I used fingers and a butter knife to gently lever the piece up.

Obrazek

The black surround with the ECT switch etc in it just pulled up.

Obrazek

Next comes the wire cutting. I was determined not to cut the wires. That blue sheath contains two white wires that go to the overdrive button. It is held so tightly with zip ties that the shifter won't move. If I was patient enough I could have removed the blue plug, unpicked the the two white wires going into it and gently pulled it all through and out the shifter gear stick. I find it so tight and fiddly in there that I too just cut the blue sheath in half and rejoined it afterwards with those blue crimp butt joiners.

Obrazek

Once the blue sheath/white wires were cut the shifter can be pulled up and away. Afterwards the white wires will have to be threaded back down the gearstick.

Obrazek

The overdrive button was levered out gently. When I reinstalled it the button got stuck in the down position - I had to wiggle the whole assembly back out a little bit to get it working smoothly again.

Obrazek

The standard stitch is a single thread. I had mine recovered in the double thread baseball stitch. Smooth style stitch looks nice too.

Obrazek

I bought a spare Celsior wheel and shifter so my car wouldn't be off the road while getting the leather done during the week. This is not the worst leather wheel I have seen either!

Obrazek

The Celsior wheel comes with a cast in rubber coloured back cover. Which is bit of a pain when it comes changeover time. Soarer wheels can be swapped for any colour - but Celsior wheels have to be swapped tan for tan, grey for grey, chocolate brown for chocolate brown. So I only have a change over for the tan interior Celsior / LS400.

Obrazek

For my Celsior I paid extra for the Perforated Sport Grips and 1mm Control Foam under the leather. It is superb to drive with now. The Control Foam looks a bit thicker (like most modern cars) and has a softer feel with more grip I feel. I love it. I think it's worth paying the extra over the standard leather wheel recover. Instructions on how to remove the wheel are the same for the Soarer and listed below.

Obrazek

Now the interior looks great - it all looks finished - no more worn shiny shifter and wheel. It's even better to drive now.

Obrazek

It's always been a fabulous car - now it's even better. The dark grey interior has a good matching leather no worries. The chocolate brown interior needs to have the horn pad and rear of steering wheel painted to match the nearest leather colour match.
ObrazekObrazekObrazek

To już ostatnie chwile na wzięcie udziału w zlocie 2012 klik --> ZLOT Lexus-Forum 2012 <-- klik
To już ostatnie chwile na wzięcie udziału w zlocie klik --> ZLOT Lexus-Forum 2012 <-- klik
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Zrób to sam”